Gilead Internship Program
Help Us Create a Healthier World for All People as a Student Intern
Everyone at Gilead plays a critical and visible role in helping to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines for people with life-threatening diseases.
The innovation never stops – and that's why we’re seeking the next generation of research scientists, biopharma professionals and visionaries to participate in the Gilead Internship Program.
Hear from Our Past Interns
Gain Real World Experience
Gilead provides a robust paid internship experience like none other. For 10 to 12 weeks during the summer, you’ll make valuable connections and gain real-life work experiences in-person at our various locations across the US.
Opportunities are open in the following departments:
- Government Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Affairs
- Research & Development
Contribute to best-in-class science, play a role in transformative business developments and work alongside some of the brightest minds across our industry.
To participate in the Gilead Internship Program, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in the fall semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship (no certification program)
- Have the ability to complete an internship/fellowship lasting 10 to 12 weeks
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior in undergrad, graduate school or a doctoral program
When you intern at Gilead, you’ll receive:
- Paid housing and travel (must meet eligibility requirements)
- Paid holidays, including the week of Fourth of July and Memorial Day for interns starting in May
- Paid sick leave
- Free gym access
- Tailored events and activities with other members of your intern cohort
- Access to wellness offerings, including free biometric screening
- Paid volunteer day to use supporting and organization of your choice
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, including six free counseling sessions
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Virtual Campus Recruiting Session: Join Gilead Thursday, Aug. 24, at 7 p.m. ET to get the inside scoop on how to stand out and make the most of your internship search. You will hear firsthand testimonials from previous interns and gain a competitive edge as our hiring managers share their expectations and the qualities that they look for in potential candidates. Register today.
Nashville College Students: Gilead invites you to join us Thursday, Sept. 7, at 5 p.m. CT at Proof Nashville to connect, share experiences and collaborate with other like-minded students. Gilead leaders will be in attendance to answer your questions and provide insight into our award-winning internship program and early career opportunities. RSVP today.
Our 2023 internship window has closed. Stay tuned for 2024 internship opportunities. Join our Talent Communities.
Connect with Us
Questions? Reach out to EarlyTalent@Gilead.com for more information and a member of our team will be in touch.
Get to know us. Follow us on: